Veeco designs, manufactures and markets thin film process equipment that enables high-tech electronic device production and development all over the world.
Veeco’s proven metal organic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD), molecular beam epitaxy (MBE) lithography, laser spike annealing, ion beam, single wafer etch and clean technologies play an integral role in producing LEDs for solid-state lighting and displays and in the fabrication of power electronics, photonics, optics and advanced semiconductor devices. The company also offers solutions to the semiconductor wafer inspection market that leverages proprietary coherent gradient sensing (CGS) technology, and provides atomic layer deposition (ALD) tools to leading research organizations.
Apex Gas Mixing System
The Complete Solution for Precision Point-of-Use Gas Mixing
The Apex Gas Mixing System, powered by Veeco’s production-proven Piezocon® Gas Concentration Sensor, allows manufacturers to reduce production costs by purchasing lower-cost, higher-concentration gases, then diluting at the point of use to immediately reduce gas purchase costs by as much as 60 percent. By using Piezocon to measure and control the mixture in real time, manufacturers eliminate the problems associated with constant flow mixers requiring wasted materials and constant scrubbing, furthering the already substantial cost savings. The stable output and precise control of gas concentration allows Apex to drive higher process tool up-time, eliminating the need to re-qualify after every gas cylinder change, reducing - and in some cases fully eliminating - system down-time due to routine cylinder changes. Apex drives real-time control, high precision and reproducibility and lowers cost of ownership for semiconductor manufacturers.
- Optimized for applications requiring low-concentration, high-precision and cost-sensitive gas mixtures
- Improves repeatability by 10x or more when compared to individual gas cylinders
- Increases system up-time by eliminating excursions and re-qualifications, and reducing test time
- Immediately reduces gas purchase costs by as much as 60 percent
- Seamlessly integrates with existing installed base for a wide range of applications including solar, semiconductor and more
- The only gas mixing system that uses Veeco's Piezocon Gas Concentration Sensor for ppm-level control
For real-time control, high precision and repeatability, and lower cost of ownership, count on the Apex Gas Mixing System from Veeco.
Precision Gas Mixing System
Improves Gas Mixture Concentration for Higher Production Yields
Veeco’s Precision Gas Mixing System generates gas mixtures with improved concentration control for tighter process control and higher yield. Active control of mixture concentration compensates for changes or drifts in upstream concentration. For example: out of a 1 percent dopant premix, the Piezocon Precision Gas Mixing System can generate a 50ppm dopant gas mixture with a ± 0.5ppm or better concentration control, tank to tank and over the shelf life of the tank.
- Cost savings: sourcing from a pure or from a higher concentration gas blend reduces frequency of tank exchange and minimizes tool down time; high ROI
- Versatile: can handle most commonly used precursor or dopant gas mixtures
- Convenient: allows process engineers to dial in the concentration required by the process at point-of-use over a wide range of concentration
- Simpler logistics: allows facility engineers to reduce inventory of multiple concentration gas mixture
- Ease-of-use: friendly user interface allows selection of active gas and of dilution gas, and setting point-of-use required concentration
- Compact: can be installed in a small vented enclosure or VMB
For compliance with industry safety protocols, the GMS must be installed in a standard SEMI-compliant gas box.
Piezocon Gas Concentration Sensor
The Industry Standard for Reproducible Vapor Delivery Control
The Piezocon® Gas Concentration Sensor has become the industry standard among semiconductor manufacturers for accurate monitoring and reproducible delivery control of chemical precursor vapors and dopant gases in CVD and MOCVD process tools.
Production-proven with over 5,000 installations worldwide, the Piezocon system provides:
- Improved process reproducibility and increased yield by tightly controlling the delivery of process gases and of precursor chemical vapors
- Lower cost-of-operation by allowing more effective use of precursor chemicals, extending the use of precursor chemical sources and reducing the duration of flow to vent
- Easier tool-to-tool matching with quantitative information directly meaningful to equipment and process engineers
- Assistance in troubleshooting malfunction of gas and vapor delivery systems by using built-in diagnostic utilities